When you look at a T-shirt, you always end up looking at how it is designed and what it has on it. That is why, T-shirt design is definitely one of the most popular outlets of creativity in the world. People get really creative when it comes to designing some T-shirts. Whether you are a graphic designer, or an illustrator, the idea of putting your designs on a T-shirt is very appealing. You can even sell your designs on the Internet and make quite a bit of money. That’s why, T-shirt designing is a very popular hobby. Some people pursue it as a full-time job as well. Imagine you design something on your computer and thousands or even millions of people purchase that design, just because it is on a T-shirt. Imagine how amazing that would feel.
You need to know that the entire process can be a little daunting. That is why, I have listed out some pro tips that you can keep in mind when you are designing custom T-shirts.
- You should always take the time to explore your concept. You should sketch out your T-shirt design, go for a walk, create a couple of variations of the same design, get something to eat so that you have enough energy to brainstorm new ideas. Sleep on it. Keep doing it all over again. Don’t give up until you find the right design.
- Have a couple of mock-ups on your laptop, so that you can imagine the design on a T-shirt. You should not be afraid to mark up your T-shirt on a photo or even a model. Print it if necessary and place it on an actual T-shirt to see if it actually works.
- Keep in mind that when you are designing T-shirts, the detail is very important. You should make sure that the quality is supreme as well. Everybody appreciates a person who has given a lot of attention to detail. That is why, there is nothing better than seeing a properly executed masterpiece on a T-shirt.
- You should always keep your market in mind. This is a very essential one. You should know if you are designing T-shirts for women or men. Are you designing them for teenagers or older people? At the end of the day, you should know who you are designing it for, and you should know your audience. Any good brand designer would want to attract a huge audience. That is why, you should know what they like, and what their preferences are.
- Make sure that you get a good printer that is really good quality.